Thursday 6 March 2014

Amusing Mishaps

I didn't shout this morning, even though Harry really didn't want to go to school. Hurrah! Lest you think it's all been plain-sailing, let me share a few amusing stories from the first week of mental health.

At the conclusion of the therapy session, it was time to pay. I remembered having taken out £100 earlier in the day. I remembered incorrectly. I had £30 in my purse. HOW EMBARRASSING! To make matters worse, as I've mentioned, there is a sofa in the room. Actually, it's a proper analytic bed type-thing. So this means that instead of handing over the (inadequate amount of) cash in a civilised manner, I managed to leave it on the bed, as if for a prostitute. Awkward. I have a plan. I'm going to put cash for all the month's sessions in an envelope, and hand it over at the beginning of the next session. I can't go through that again.

Meanwhile, mindfulness. So I'm getting on alright reading the Mark Williams book. Only I really enjoy listening to books rather than reading them. So I thought I would go ahead and download it from Audible as well. So I was listening in the car, but also reading the kindle book as well. But I kept getting confused as to where I was -- I would be reading, and come across parts I knew I had heard on the audio, but then other passages weren't familiar. It was unnerving. If you click on those links they look like the same book, right? Well, not quite. Yeah. The audio is basically a condensed version. This did not make for a peaceful, mindful experience. To top it off, I have decided that in this case I actually need a hard copy of the book. So in the space of a week, I have bought the same(ish) damned book 3 times. And I think I may need to purchase a yoga mat for my office. This had better be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I downloaded the audio version. If it seems like just the ticket, I will get a hard copy. You can't beat a real book for flipping backwards and forwards, and sticking notes in.

    I have a yoga mat which you can take home with you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete