Thursday 20 March 2014

Bubbles?

I'm trying to think of a good metaphor for this experience: you concentrate on one area of your life, and then realise that another area goes astray. What I have in my mind is a trapped bubble that you can seemingly smooth out, only to find that it has moved rather than disappeared.

Last year I really concentrated on getting into good physical shape, culminating in a triathlon in September. It worked. But I was spending A LOT of time at the gym. After it was over, I concentrated more on work & family, and now this blog & parenting project....you can guess the punchline. I have now gained 5 lbs and lost quite a bit of tone. Annoying.

April's theme is going to be physical health, and especially diet. I am so quick to use sugar as a crutch to get through the day, especially mid-afternoon. I think I need to investigate those "slow release" carbs people speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment